Newcastle Granny Flats & Sheds
Granny Flats have become vary popular because they are an easy way to produce income from a property outside of the main building. Current NSW regulations allow the construction of a granny flat without planning consent if the property generally meets the following criteria (Please note that there are other regulations that can apply to specific cases) :
- The property lot size must be a minimum of 450m2 in area (different rules apply for larger block sizes where larger set backs apply).
- Must have a residential zoning.
- Maximum of 1 Granny Flat is permissible per lot.
- There must be a minimum 12 metre width at the building line of the existing dwelling. (If your property does not meet this criteria you are able to apply for an attached granny flat).
- Must have a 24m² courtyard space for the Granny Flat, with an area of at least 4m wide.
- Maintain a 3m setback from the rear, 0.9m setback from the side boundaries.
- Maintain a distance of 3m from any existing trees over 4m in height.
- Maximum floor area permissible for a Granny Flat is 60 m².
- A two floor structure is permitted under more regulation and set back sizes (Once a building exceeds 3.8m in height, then a formula applies to determine the required setbacks).
As a result investors and home owners have realised not only the potential income of adding say a 2 bedroom structure on the property but also realised the increase in property value of adding a granny flat. The WHAT Services team are happy to discuss with you the feasability of a granny flat on your property and the best way forward without any obligation.
Sheds and Barns
Whatever size or usage you need for a outside shed we have the dedicated team to complete your project. From simple lean-to storage sheds to landscaped plumbed in structures the WHAT team are experienced to contruct the required “shed”. We can install pre-fabricated kits or build custom sturture for specific purpose. Running electricity and water utilities are no problem and if you need landscaping or paving or decking we can provide designs and advise.
Large barns, sheds or garages for agricultural or commercial use are all possible with WHAT Services. Our team can advise on design and planning. Whether open sided, enclosed, windowed, or a mixture we have the experience to construct and landscape for your structure. Get in touch today for a free no-obligation chat and quotation.
Get a free no obligation quote for your Granny Flat, Shed or Barn.
Newcastle Granny Flats and Sheds
Talk to us today.
Quality Outdoor buildings for the whole Newcastle Region